Saturday, November 13, 2010

Music Sheet Christmas Tree Tutorial

Today I made one of these cute little music sheet trees.
Here's a little tutorial to make one of your very own.
It's very simple really.....
What you will need is a styrofoam cone, some sheet music, scissors and a hot glue gun.

First off, I cut the music in 2 inch strips.

 Then took the strips and curled them a bit. 
{I used the end of a wooden spoon and that seemed to work well}
Then I cut slits all alog the bottom about halfway up.

Take these pieces and hot glue them around the cone.
One row at a time.

Keep going till you get to the top!
It's really that easy....
Although I think it may need something at the top.
I haven't thought of anything yet.
What do you think?
Any ideas??

Need some free sheet music for the project??
I have a page here you can download and print (8.5x11).
It looks best on some sort of antique or ivory finish paper to make it look a little vintage. Enjoy!

Linked up at Funky Junk's SNS
and at Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party
and Under The Table and Dreaming Sunday Showcase Party.

A&J

23 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Gonna go make me some...as soon as I get the cone shapes. Thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is amazing! I love it. Could you make a sheet music star for on top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Styrofoam cones are really expensive here, so I made a tree similar to this a few years ago using a cone made of cardstock (although not with the lovely sheet music - that will be upgraded this year!).

    Our old tree had was topped with a bright red cardinal. Not traditional, but it looked festive. A pearly star would also be pretty, or even a little crocheted angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And with the sheet music it pretty much fits every decor and color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I just became a follower. Can't wait to see what else you have posted about...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try a gold (or golden yellow) woven ribbon or origami paper star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! Love the sheet music and the curled edges. Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week. ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this. I made two yesterday and I plan on making more with my children this weekend, we are giving them as gifts to my children's teachers. I also was able to find the perfect glitter stars for a topper at JoAnne Fabrics. I wanted to let you know that I am also showing you as my inspiration and linking to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, love it! It is so refreshing to have something sweet and simple that can be put together easily. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cute
    thanks for lesson

    glad i found you

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Can't wait to try this out, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I'll have to make one! How about a vintage glass ball ornament on top, or a glittered star or some silver tinsel garland. I've made some different trees and those things look great on top.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Cute I had to try it. They turned out awesome. They go along with a ruffled paper garland I made out of old books. Stop by and check them out.
    www.bellatreasures.blogspot.com
    Thanks for the inspiration. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why not take the music sheet for the top and make a star out of it and then put a small amount of silver glitter on it...........or.........just a treble clef and put glitter on that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cut out a G clef for the top and paint it black or make it a foam one. That would look amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. One thing you could add is those picks with glittery balls or other designs they use as a filler in floral arrangements. They could be stuck down into the foam and they come in all different sizes and shapes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails