Monday, March 8, 2010

Pink and Black Girlie Girls Room

Every wonder what in the world you to do when you lower your crib mattress to the lowest level and you find that your crib skirt that you paid a fortune for is now way too long.  Here's a very cute solution.  Tulle.  Here, I used two spools of tulle that I bought at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each.  Added some black and white polka dot ribbon, also found 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and simple tied it to the metal bars of the crib. Since I'm a super over protective mother, I have also never used the bumper that I also paid a fortune for, so I added cute accent pillows in the back of the crib that you can remove at night for safety.  So instead of paying another however much for new bedding, I simply converted to this oh so cheap version for less than $100.  I actually love this more than the original bedding I paid much, much more than $100 for.
Please ignore the non matching rocking chair. It's a family heirloom that I can't bring myself to ask if I can refinish.
Can't resist showing an up close pic of this.  This was also done with all 1/2 Hobby Lobby items.  Metal accent, coordinating ribbon, and added matching tulle that I used for the skirt of the crib.   

A&J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails