Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Memory Jar - 60th Birthday

Trying to find unique, memorable gifts is one of my passions, so when I stumbled upon a memories/celebration jar I just knew this would be perfect for my mom’s 60th birthday. I emailed friends and family, and even old high school friends of hers and asked for them to email me any kind of favorite memories, messages and/or stories of my mom from the many years that they have known her. I then printed each of them on a memory card (cardstock) with who they were from and filled the jar with lots of fabulous messages so she will forever know how very loved and special she is to so many people.

The response I got was really great. Below is a side shot of all of the memory cards I filled it with. Some of them were trips down memory lane, some of them hilarious stories, and some of them just birthday love and wishes. They were all wonderful.

The jar was from Hobby Lobby, and I filled it with glass beads. For the memory cards, I just printed them all on various colors of coordinating cardstock and folded them to the same size, sealed them with a sticker and stamped a flower on the outside for a little extra touch. Very inexpensive, personal gift idea.


A&J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails