Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Audrey Hepburn Sign

I think this project deserves it's own post.

I found this decal quote on etsy and knew I had to have it for the girls playroom.  Since it is Audrey Hepburn I couldn't resist Tiffany's box blue.  I bought a sheet of wood and had it cut to size at the local hardware store.  I did have to make some modifications because the decal wasn't in this square format.  I simply cut it by sentence and placed it where needed.  I also googled the closest color match to the Tiffany's box and found out that the closet match is Behr Sweet Rhapsody.  I was so pleased to find out that it actually is a very close match.  I also added the infamous white ribbon.  At first I debated painting a white line around the edges and hanging it with the white ribbon, but my wall space did not allow for what I wanted exactly.  So I came up with this and I do like it.  It's also removable so if I ever move it to a different wall space I may change it back to the original plan.
It's a perfect accent for the girls playroom.

A&J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails